Chop Steak Hawaii Recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make dish for any occasion. It has ground beef, onions, peppers, and a sweet and savory sauce. The dish is then topped with a pineapple ring and a cherry tomato, giving it a tropical flair.
This recipe is a great way to enjoy a classic dish with a unique twist. It is also a healthy and affordable option, made with simple and inexpensive ingredients.
Let’s start with the ingredients you’ll need to prepare Chop Steak Hawaii
- 1 pound of tender beef steak (sirloin or ribeye works well)
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of ginger, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Note: Feel free to adjust the ingredients according to your preferences and dietary restrictions.
Chop Steak Hawaii Recipe Instructions:
Now, let’s get cooking! Follow these simple steps to create your Chop Steak Hawaii:
1. Marinate the Steak:
- Combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, minced garlic, and ginger in a bowl to create a flavorful marinade.
- Pour the marinade over the steak and place it in a shallow dish or resealable plastic bag.
- Allow the steak to soak up those mouthwatering flavors by sealing the bag or covering the dish and chilling it for at least 30 minutes.
2. Grill the Steak:
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the steak from the marinade for medium-rare and grill it for 3–4 minutes on each side. Adjust the cooking time if you prefer your steak to be well done.
Cooking Tip: Mix the steak with the marinade while grilling for extra flavor.
1. Saute the Veggies:
- Warm the vegetable oil in a big saucepan over a medium-high flame.
- Add the bell peppers and onions, and sauté until soft and just beginning to caramelize.
2. Add Pineapple:
- Toss in the pineapple chunks and cook for 2-3 minutes until they’re heated through.
3. Slice and Serve:
- Let the steak rest briefly before slicing it thinly against the grain.
- Place the sliced steak on a platter, followed by the pineapple and the sautéed vegetables.
4. Garnish and Enjoy:
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To add color and freshness to your Chop Steak Hawaii, garnish it with chopped cilantro or green onions.
Here’s a rough estimate of the nutritional values per serving of this Chop Steak Hawaii:
- Calories: Approximately 350-400 calories per serving
- Protein: Around 30 grams
- Carbohydrates: 20-25 grams
- Fat: 15-20 grams
- Fiber: 3-4 grams
Note: Nutritional values may change depending on the components and serving size.
Want to put your own twist on this classic dish? Here are a few alternatives to think about:
- Teriyaki Twist: Replace the soy sauce in the marinade with teriyaki sauce for a sweet and savory flavor.
- Vegetarian Option: Swap the beef steak for tofu or portobello mushrooms for a vegetarian version.
- Spicy Kick: Add red pepper flakes or Sriracha sauce to the marinade for a spicy Chop Steak Hawaii.
Chop Steak Hawaii Recipe is a delicious, easy-to-make meal perfect for a weeknight dinner. It is also an excellent option for entertaining guests. With its sweet and savory flavors, chop steak Hawaii will surely please everyone at the table.
1. What is chop steak made of?
Chop steak is made from ground beef, onions, peppers, and various seasonings. It is typically formed into patties and cooked in a skillet.
2. What is chop steak at Longhorn?
Longhorn’s chop steak is made with a blend of ground beef and chuck, seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic. It is then grilled and served with a choice of two sides.
3. What is the difference between Salisbury steak and chopped steak?
Salisbury steak is typically made with a ground beef mixture that includes bread crumbs, eggs, and milk. It is also often covered in a gravy. On the other hand, chopped steak is typically made with a more straightforward ground beef mixture that does not include any binders. It is also not typically served with gravy.
4. Is chopped steak the same as hamburger?
Chopped steak and hamburger are similar, but there are key differences. Chopped steak is typically made with a leaner ground beef mixture and is often seasoned more heavily. Additionally, chopped steak patties are typically thicker than hamburger patties.
5. What’s another name for chop steak?
Chopped steak is called hamburger, ground beef, Salisbury, and mincemeat.
6. What is raw chopped steak called?
Raw chopped steak is called ground beef.
7. Is a ribeye a chop or a steak?
A ribeye is a steak. It is taken from the cow’s rib region.
8. What is the definition of chopstake?
Chop steak is a ground beef patty typically seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic. It is cooked in a skillet and served with a variety of sides.
9. Where does chop steak come from?
Chop steak is thought to have originated in the United States in the early 20th century. It was initially a popular dish among working-class families, as it was a cheap and easy way to get a protein-rich meal.